Since the time of Palladio wine has had an important role in the life and economy of the villa.
In planning the building, the architect designed "the spaces to make the wines" under the porches of the villa where they remained for three centuries, until in 1850 the Giacomellis, considering the high vocation of the Asolo Hills for wonderful wines, decided to increase the production and built the winery that is used to this day.
The Villa is located in the heart of the Montello and Colli Asolani D.O.C. in northern Veneto that includes the hills south of the Dolomites to the west of the Piave river in the Treviso province.
Grapes for the ancient winery are grown according to the strict regulations of eco-compatible agriculture in the 33 hectares of carefully selected vineyards at the heart of the 230 hectares estate that surrounds the villa.
The vineyards are cultivated with high density techniques in order to obtain a very low yield per plant. Particular care is taken in ensuring the ideal proportion of 1.2 square meters of green surface per kilogram of grape produced.
The traditional varieties Merlot, Cabernet, Chardonnay, Prosecco and Verduzzo are hand picked and then processed with the utmost attention under the direction of Dr. Donato Lanati, researcher and teacher at the University of Turin, to provide elegant wines that express the personality of the highly vocated terroir of northern Veneto.